Decimal to hexadecimal converter
Find the hexadecimal (hex) equivalent of the decimal number.
Decimal is a standard numeral system. It consists of 10 symbols (base 10): 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
# How do you convert from decimal to hexadecimal?
Here, a few simple steps are given to convert a decimal number into a hexadecimal number.
- First, Divide the specified decimal number by 16.
- Note down the value of remainder obtained.
- Again, divide the result obtained by 16.
- Continue repeating steps 2 and 3 until the result is 0.
- The hexadecimal number equals to the digit sequence of the remainders from bottom to top (MSD to LSD)
Note: The division must be treated as an integer division.
Example: 16 decimal to hexadecimal
Result. Hexadecimal number is 0x10.